Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Movie Time! The Matrix Series: The Matrix Revolutions

If The Matrix was about waking up to your world and Reloaded was about fate v choice, what was Revolutions about? Because I honestly have no clue.

Neo bucked the trend made by his five predecessors and decided to risk the life of everyone in order to save Trinity. I found this funny, because like I said in my last review, I didn’t really see any type of connection between the two; romantic or otherwise. But Neo chose Trinity and doomed everyone.

This movie had a lot more in it, but again nothing major that got me really all that worked up. I don’t understand how it took Neo around five minutes to work out that Bane is Agent Smith. No one in the real world calls Neo Mr Anderson, so it should have been a dead giveaway. But for some reason, Smith has to literally beat down Neo before he realises what’s going on.

Speaking of Smith, the final battle between him and Neo was quite awesome. I loved it how they would just fight anywhere they wanted; on the street, in buildings, in the freaking sky! Their control over the matrix was so advanced, and it was good to see that here. I loved it any time where there was a lot of Smiths, proving that he was just that much better than everyone else, everything else. All other programs be damned, Smith is the winner, here.

In fact, all of the fight scenes were really well done. I did think that the Niobe and that whole Hammer with the EMP was oddly reminiscent of the humans and their choice to block out the sun; will stop the problem now, but do nothing fifteen seconds from now. It was brave and all that, but terribly short sighted of them all. The whole Battle of Zion was pretty sweet, too.

The effects with flying Neo could have been a lot better, and sometimes it seemed like they didn’t even care that this movie was going to be seen on anything bigger than a thumb nail. I wonder, did people cry when they saw that at the movies, or laugh? Both? It deserved both, that’s for sure.

Something that did make me laugh was the realisation that they call everyone in the Matrix by their computer hacker name, besides those that were born in Zion. I might be a little slow on the uptake, but hear me out. My online name is rosey_angel61, because every other version of my name was taken. How many online names do you know that are an odd mixture of letters and numbers because they couldn’t get the ones they wanted? Were they getting mixed up when they were designating people to their battle stations?

“We need DragonLover over in the west end ASAP!”
“DragonLover1, DragonLover<3, ~~DragonLover~~, or DragonLover1234?”

“MasterBater, I need you to, aw very funny guy, really? You found the matrix was a lie? What are you, 12?”

See, would’ve been awkward.

One thing I realised about The Matrix movies as a whole is the slight similarities to Tron. I don’t know if it was purposeful or not, but the shiny and reflective leather reminds me of the neon lights in Tron.

That’s all I have for the movies so far. If I think of anything else, I’ll post it up here. Did I get anything wrong? Did I miss something that you want me to talk about, or do you want to revel in your “awesomeness”? Put it in the comments.

Next franchise I’m gonna crack is the Borne movies, so keep a look out for them.

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment